Monday, September 20, 2010

On my mind in the morning


I miss breakfast in France.

I can't tell you how much I often find myself thinking these words to myself when I wake up. Breakfast is France is beautiful.

To begin with, the bread is wonderful. It is all crackly crusts and light, airy interiors. A short walk in the morning and about one euro later, you can have in your hand a delightfully warm, fresh-from-the-oven baguette. Heavenly.

Breakfast also involves delicately sweet confitures and the best butter you'll taste in the world. France is the only place in the world where I would ever butter my bread.

Plus, pâté. Oh pâté. I love it. Smooth pâté de foie. Or mousse de canard. Or terrine de lapin. All these delicious things that you’d never find in the states. And if you do, it’s a sad imitation of the wonders you can get in France.

I miss breakfast in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment